Thursday, January 26, 2012
Justin Schwartzenberger of IWantMyMVC.com posted a tutorial on how to do display Dialog Form in MVC3 using jQuery at http://iwantmymvc.com/dialog-form-with-jqueryui-and-mvc-3. The following screenshots are taken from his article.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
- Fluent API Samples. How to customize mapping using fluent API method calls.
- Connections and Models. How to connect to different types of databases.
- Pluggable Conventions. How to change conventions.
- Finding Entities. How to use the Find method with composite keys.
- Loading Related Entities. Additional options for eager, lazy, and explicit loading.
- Load and AsNoTracking. More on explicit loading.
Good resources for learning about Entity Framework.
- Introduction to the Entity Framework 4.1 (Code First)
- The Entity Framework Code First Class Library API Reference
- Entity Framework FAQ
- The Entity Framework Team Blog
- Entity Framework in the MSDN Library
- Entity Framework in the MSDN Data Developer Center
- Entity Framework Forums on MSDN
- Julie Lerman's blog
- Code First DataAnnotations Attributes
- Maximizing Performance with the Entity Framework in an ASP.NET Web Application
- Profiling Database Activity in the Entity Framework
- Entity Framework Power Tools
Monday, January 9, 2012
MSDN Webcast: BenkoTips Live and on Demand: Cloud + Mobile Game – Build Rock Paper Azure on Windows Phone (Level 100)
Bookmarked to watch later.
This end-to-end scenario talk demonstrates how Windows Azure enables and extends the reach of mobile applications with the example of the classic Rock-Paper-Scissors game played on the phone against a service hosted in the cloud. Starting from a blank slate, this talk showcases the use of Access Control Services to use identity from Google, Yahoo and Live ID to authenticate the user, then implements a SQL Azure database to store game history. Finally it implements the game interface using Silverlight on Windows Phone 7.1 pulling information from a WCF Data Service that exposes an OData endpoint from an Entity Framework data model.
Bookmarked to watch later.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
These are well-written tutorials. I'm glad I went through them all. Really helped reinforce what I have been learning about MVC and EF.
- Creating an Entity Framework Data Model for an ASP.NET MVC Application (1 of 10)
- Implementing Basic CRUD Functionality with the Entity Framework in ASP.NET MVC Application (2 of 10)
- Sorting, Filtering, and Paging with the Entity Framework in an ASP.NET MVC Application (3 of 10)
- Creating a More Complex Data Model for an ASP.NET MVC Application (4 of 10)
- Reading Related Data with the Entity Framework in an ASP.NET MVC Application (5 of 10)
- Updating Related Data with the Entity Framework in an ASP.NET MVC Application (6 of 10)
- Handling Concurrency with the Entity Framework in an ASP.NET MVC Application (7 of 10)
- Implementing Inheritance with the Entity Framework in an ASP.NET MVC Application (8 of 10)
- Implementing the Repository and Unit of Work Patterns in an ASP.NET MVC Application (9 of 10)
- Advanced Entity Framework Scenarios for an MVC Web Application (10 of 10)