- There are over 400 million Yahoo email accounts worldwide.
- Yahoo is a company with a $53 billion market value and weekly revenue of more than $90 million.
- Yahoo sites account for 13 percent of all page views. Thus, Yahoo sites make up the largest single presence on the Internet.
- Just two years ago, Yahoo had no search engine of its own and licensed Google for its searches. It just recently began buildingt its own search engine after acquiring Inktomi, Alta Vista and Overture, and it has become a big rival against its once search provider Google.
- Yahoo Desktop Search is based on the desktop search system created by X1 Technologies company.
- Yahoo recently bought the following services to add to its services offerings: Flickr, a system for storing, sharing and commenting on photographs; Upcoming, a scheduling application; and Oddpost, a mail utility.
- Last but not least, Yahoo sites has more than 200 million active users in more than 20 countries.
Watch out Google! Yahoo still has what it takes to be number one.
Read more about Yahoo! in this article "A Journey to the Center of Yahoo" by James Fallows in the New York Times.
Post a Comment